How to make a bauble chair back
1. Go for a mix of themed baubles, such as this azure reindeer decoration, and these silver icicle baubles. Then team them with some round baubles in different sizes such as small midnight blue baubles both also available in silver, gold, red, pink and purple – all available in-store.
2. Carefully tie them all together with ribbon or tinsel.
3. Fix the decorations to the backs of the chairs with a length of bright ribbon and double-sided sticky tape.
How to make a music vase
1. Trim two pieces of sheet music – try eBay for inexpensive secondhand sheet music – to fit around two clean, empty tin cans. Glue in place and tie with a narrow length of ribbon.
2. Fill the cans with a selection of winter blooms and seasonal greenery. The blue flowers and ribbon work well with this cool scheme, but you could just as easily go for warm colours or even classic green and red.
How to make little matchbox gifts
Decorate matchboxes and hang as decorations or use as mini gift boxes.
1. Spray paint matchboxes in your chosen shades and allow to dry.
2. Tie boxes with ribbon and attach little bows to finish. Hang them up using another loop of ribbon.
How to make holly napkin rings
Create a personal touch with these delightful napkin decorations.
1. Using coloured felt, cut out three holly leaves for each place setting.
2. Stitch each trio of leaves to ribbon that contrasts with the napkin and finish with a bow decoration and two miniature bells.
How to make a twigs and baubles showpiece
1. Collect some tall, curly twigs, all about the same length, and spray paint them with fake snow before sprinkling with silver glitter.
2. When the twigs are dry, divide them between five or six glass bottles or tall vases.
3. To make the musical-themed baubles, simply paint each one with some PVA glue and cover completely with small pieces of sheet music. If you would like a shiny finish, add a top coat of PVA that will then dry clear.